Monday, December 3, 2012

Gift Guide 2012: Etsy Edition

Who doesn't love a gift guide?  From the onslaught of magazine lineups to the buffet-like selection shown on blogs, they typically give great ideas and inspire my inner St. Nick.  As I did last year, I'm going to break up my gift guides into three categories over the next few days.  And again, my attempt is to offer a variety of options for a range of recipients, all at a reasonable price.

First up is Etsy.  It's easy and secure to shop, and you're bound to find limitless possibilities.  These are mine for this season.

A geometric necklace from SD Marie Jewelry.  It's made of brass and oxidized silver, and it's a subtle nod to the chevron trend that won't feel dated this time next year.  $35
A vanilla hazelnut candle from Oil & Wax.  Made of soy wax here in Nashville, this gem is a real treat.  I bought one a few weeks ago, and it won't be my last.  $16
A cheeky grammar print from Alphonnsine.  This piece serves as a gentle reminder and will go a long way in saving the English language in a world of text-messaging fiends.  $19
An octopus tote bag from Idiopix.  It's eco-friendly and has an octopus on it.  I feel like the octopus is the new bird.  $13.95
A bar of Stand by Your Mandarin soap from Music City Suds.  This is another Nashville original, which I love and have given before.  It's all-natural and scented with citrus.  $6
A return address stamp from Foryoo.  I love this idea for newlyweds, new home owners, or anyone with an established address.  They will, too.  $29.95

(Note: I received permission from all sellers to use their images and to link to their Etsy stores.)

2 comments:

  1. LOVE this round-up of Etsy goodness!!! The "Stand by Your Mandarin" soap made me chuckle a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the soap! :)

    and the return stamp is a great idea...bc even after you move-it's nice to have something to remind you of where you used to live. good picks

    ReplyDelete