Monday, September 26, 2011

The Sunday Blahs

Does anyone else just get completely side-swiped by Sundays?  I mean, it's like Friday nights and Saturday mornings are glorious.  But the whole time there's this little gnat in my ear.  And its name is Sunday night.

It's saying, "Enjoy it while it lasts, sucker.  I'm coming for ya."  And tonight, I said two things.  The first was: I'm off tomorrow, so take that.  2. I'm gonna light some damn candles.

This was not, like, a seance for weekends past or anything.  It was just something cozy to do.  I put them on top of my fridge.  Just 'cause. 

I remember getting the Sunday blahs way back in grade school.  I'd try to stay up as late as possible on Sunday night, just to hold on to the weekend.  Then I'd be a little bespectacled zombie clear through to Tuesday or so.  (Shhhh.  Sometimes I still do that.)

But I try to remember that I am fortunate enough to have a job to go to on Mondays.  And if I stayed at home all the time, it wouldn't be nearly as special.  I hope you have a great week!

1 comment:

  1. I'm totally with you. I was just thinking about this yesterday...I too am glad to have a job to go to on Mondays.

    ReplyDelete