Monday, January 16, 2012

Bossypants

You may be wondering what took me so long to read this book.  Well, it took a while to obtain it from the library.  But I'm glad I did.  It's smart, honest, and laugh-a-minute.  There's not much else I can say about Tina Fey, but this excerpt (from page 92) about her vacation on a cruise gives a good idea of what to expect:

It is worth noting that at this time, I had been doing Weekend Update on Saturday Night Live for two full seasons.  I am not recognized by anyone.  Well, I am recognized by the guy who refills the soft-serve ice cream machine by the pool, but not for being on TV, just for lingering.  For O!  The desserts!  Rows and rows of pastries laid out cafeteria-style.  Some of them are unidentifiable squares of pink stuff.  I think we called it junket back in the seventies.  They don't taste good; but like a schoolboy at his first coed dance, I am drawn not so much by their beauty as by their unlimited quantities.

3 comments:

  1. Ohhh, I've heard so many good things about this book and must read it soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I couldn't put it down! It's the best:) So glad you finally got a copy from the library.

    ReplyDelete