Tuesday, July 7, 2009

A Brief Return...

For a few days over the next three weeks, I will be back at my old branch and at my semi-old desk. It's where I was moved just before I became reacquainted with the teller line. It's a very nice break from having to deal with cash and shoddy microphones at the drive thru (eek). Here you can see part of my desk, including the eco-calendar, bank tickets, and folders. They're labeled In, Out, and Limbo. Guess which one is the fullest.

Also notice the color-changing cup. Most people think I drink purple Kool-Aid all day long, but it's really cold water. Mmmmmm.



Today was also the unofficial 1-year bank-iversary of my awesome friend and co-worker, Ann Marie. It's a long story how they determine official start dates and whatnot, so the details will be spared. I made these streusel cupcakes in her honor, and they seemed to be a big hit. I'm glad to know you, Ann Marie! Thanks for being sweet.





7 comments:

  1. You're quite welcome. I'm only sweet because Bill tells me to be. I'm happy to know you, too. Thanks for my diva-versary breakfast.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dayumn, Toms! I was the most behind on your bloggeries! Diva/Bank - iversary. That. is. funny. I may need some cupcakes sent this way for my Siemens-iversary (which I think is Aug 11??). Crap, that's a Saturday - oh well. Wood paneling geese are goodtimes. And we eco-friendly babies here at the Siemens gots some method (intentional lack of capitalization) soap and air-freshener up in our baffroom.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I so miss your wonderful sweet treats! They got me through the day many times at good ole Reelfoot! I do have a birthday coming up in August, just saying...

    I'm still waiting for your book.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahaha! Can I just say that I'm still laughing at the term Siemens-iversary? I'm pretty much still laughing that you work at a place called Siemens. A year later... and it still isn't old to me. I am mature.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love cupcakes! great photo of your desk view.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the comments! I aim to please.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those cupcakes look awesome. I love some streusel.

    ReplyDelete