Saturday, January 1, 2011

Oh, It Begins...

First off, happy new year!  Thanks for reading, as always.  I can appreciate humor in advertisements, but for some reason, this one struck me as wholly un-funny.


It's from Kenneth Cole and was waiting in my inbox today.  At first I wondered why I even get e-mail from Kenneth Cole.  Oh yes, I thought, the ads are usually pretty choice.  Not this one.  I guess I can't totally blame KC.

It's that time of year again.  I'm doing another first quarter of no extraneous spending.  It shouldn't be too difficult, really, but ads like these are just shy of irritating.  It's akin to already seeing Valentine's ephemera on the shelves. 

Other resolutions: Exercise more.  I started today with 45 minutes on the treadmill; tonight I have a date with the yoga mat.  My plan is do that tomorow and the next day.  I go back to work on Tuesday, so let's see what happens after that.

Get more informed about money.  I'm counting on LearnVest and (no kidding) The Complete Idiot's Guide to Personal Finance in Your 20s and 30s.

Take the time to be more thankful for people and things in my life.  It's so easy (too easy) to whine and moan about what sucks, so I'm challenging myself to look at the alternatives.  Thanks to Megan at Pink to Green for the inspiration.

I think that's about all, but they're fairly major ones.  Do you have any resolutions?  I hope that your year is an excellent, healthy, happy one.

7 comments:

  1. Ahahah! Lovely! HAPPY NEW YEAR!



    www.thebigiofactor.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your comment, I totally agree with you(and I love the term "sensory deprivation" that you used)! Have a wonderful 2011! Keep in touch!


    www.thebigiofactor.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy New Year Tommy and thank you for being so much fun to keep in touch with. I have no doubt that 2011 will be a good year for you! I'm really inspired by your first quarter no extraneous spending; we're trying to save too and I think I need to get my hands on that guide and get reading! Have a wonderful week!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tommy I meant to pop over sooner to wish you all the best in 2011!

    I have a special greeting on my site!

    xoxo
    Karena
    Art by Karena

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy New Year! Good luck with the resolutions.

    ReplyDelete
  6. P.S. - One of mine is to do 100 pushups. :)

    ReplyDelete