Monday, May 9, 2011

Down the Rabbit Hole


If you have not yet seen Rabbit Hole, it's time to hit up a Redbox.  It's a dollar.  And it's awesome. 

Granted, this is not the feel-good movie of the year--quite the opposite, actually.  But to say that the cast is wonderful is a major understatement.  Nicole Kidman, Aaron Eckhart, Dianne Wiest, and Sandra Oh are the central players, and they all turn in performances that are aptly described as layered and moving.


The story centers around a middle-aged married couple whose son is killed in an accident a few months before.  We get to see how they continue to grieve in their own ways, and I found that this movie put a few new ideas in my brain.  I definitely recommend giving this one a spin.

3 comments:

  1. Tommy, it's been too long! Sorry I've been blogging MIA. So glad to be back and get your recommendations. I'm going to look into this movie... hope you're doing well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I watched this Monday night and loved it. I really like how the movie emphasizes the differences in how people grieve. You said it wasn't a feel-good movie. Overall, I agree, but I actually did feel good when the movie ended. I felt hopeful for the couple.

    ReplyDelete