Tuesday, August 23, 2011

From Failure to Frosting

We had our August potluck today at work, and my contribution was these cupcakes with royal icing, Nigella-style.  They are one of the easiest recipes that I make on a semi-regular basis, and the icing could not be more simple or (honestly) more stunning.

If you have just a moment, take a peek at this video clip of Nigella.  My favorite, favorite thing is to hear her say in her British accent that the icing looks like white 'pay-tint' leather around 1:27-ish.  Then she says that they look ludicrously perfect, as though they had been bought at a toy shop.  I could watch her bake and cook all day, every day, I think.

Anywho, I hope you had a sweet Tuesday!


1 comment:

  1. these look so yummy! i feel like i should power bake tonight since this hurricane is traveling up the east coast and we should have stock full of supplies.

    http://lachapstickfanatique.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete