Monday, May 31, 2010

Making Memories with a Spoon

Well, I guess this weekend officially kicked off summer, huh?  While I'm not wild (at all) about the oppressive heat that is sure to plague us fair-skinned, indoor types for the next 5 months or so, this product almost doesn't make me mind summer. 

The other day at Whole Foods I picked up a carton of Ciao Bella Belgian Chocolate gelato.  Oh.  Wow.  It is so good. 


It was the perfect accompaniment to a quiet Memorial Day with a stack of Redbox DVDs.  I feel like I was eating this every time I turned around, but the funny thing is that there's still plenty left.  I think it's so rich that it only seems like you're eating a lot. 

And isn't that only more more reason to celebrate?  Now I'm looking forward to trying their other flavors, including the sorbets.  Hold me back.

I hope you all had a great weekend.

(Image from freshtomarket.com)

7 comments:

  1. Amen brother on the fair-skinned, in door types. I felt like I couldn't put on enough SPF at the blazing hot, outdoor reception I attended this weekend. These look delicious! Another yummy item to add to my list. Still loving the TJ's pb cups. It's time for a colder option though now that it's summer, the gelato looks like it will hit the spot!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. well, you can't go wrong with gelato and a movie, I say! What a treat for the eyse--the way you describe it, I almost don't have to eat it. Enjoy the last few hours of your long weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. There you go waving your city food in front of my face! Too bad there isn't a Whole Foods in 200 miles or so. It sounds wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Went to Whole Foods when I was in NYC last. Loved it! Also, rather embaressingly, I have a soft spot for shopping in Trader Joes...!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those little containers are so cute! It'd be hard not to collect them all! But then what to with them when their empty...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I need to try the chocolate... I'm hooked on their lemon sorbet!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes! Ciao Bella Gelato is SO amazing. Especially love their sorbets..blood orange and coconut...now I have the worst craving, haha!

    ReplyDelete