Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Ahh...Food...

In spite of my (hopefully) almost-gone stomach bug, I am reminiscing about a meal I recently had--at home, no less.

It's a cheeseburger! The very idea! Usually I'm not a big burger person, but every once in a while, I'm jonesing for one. I just used honey wheat bread. And those are zesty fries. Yes. Zesty. It's not exactly health food, but it's quite delicious.


Ahhhh....


One of my favorite things is to put condiments in a simple ramekin. It really churches it up, and I like the way it looks. Plus, it's so much easier to dip without the sauce getting all over the other foods.
I've had these for a long time and seem to remember getting them at Pier One for about $1 each. I hope you're digging our old-school countertops, too.

Sidenote: Ramekin is a difficult word. It's one that I see quite a bit but couldn't remember how to spell. It's not even in my Merriam Webster! I'm blaming the bug.

2 comments:

  1. That looks tasty. I grew up eating cheeseburgers on 'white bread' and do it every now and again for kicks. We went to Culvers in Murray during our excursion Sunday and their cheeseburgers rocked!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i use a ramekin for my condiments as well ESP ketchup b/c i don't like it on anything except french fries. Very cute.

    BTW: I have not had a burger on regular bread in YEARS. Memories.

    ReplyDelete