Sunday, August 30, 2009

First Comes Stumble...

Then comes fall. (Hardy har. Yes, I know.) But, honestly, when did this happen?! I know I posted a similar opening for August, but whoa up. *sigh* I guess I'm ready, though. Fall and winter are among my favorite seasons. And I realize that doesn't leave many others. You can guess where summer ranks.

Let's go with the to-do list!

1. Prepare for the new TV season. Ok--so preparing really doesn't mean much more than figuring out a weekly viewing schedule. I let tvguide.com/listings handle this for me.

2. Consider a closet purge. It would be a good time to go through clothes and shoes and donate some to Goodwill. They'll take books, too, but that one is a bit harder for me.

3. Remember birthdays! September is a huge birthday month for several people in my life. Off the top of my head, I'm counting 5 but should probably double-check. I probably need to go ahead and stamp some envelopes.


On the not-to-do list?


1. Allow myself to get overwhelmed at work. I started a new position about two weeks ago, and so far, so good. I just have to remember to say no to some things. (Sugar, notwithstanding.)

2. Forget to take some time off! The vacation day count is around 13, and I'm ready to cash in. :)

What's on your September calendar?

4 comments:

  1. A closet purge too! And then a closet refill with some new lovelies. Trying to stay unstressed at work, which is nigh on impossible. And trying to enjoy Fall - the season where I actually love to spend time outdoors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cash in that vacation! :) I have NONE left for the rest of the year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need to handle the closet myself. I'm on vacation during my birthday week (I hope I was one of your five :)) so I may take care of that then. I have a cabinet I need to sand and refinish that week as well and then end of the week we are going to Louisville for the National Quartet Convention! Woohoohoo!

    October=NYC!!!!!!! and a couple more !! for emphasis.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This September proves to be very stressful. I have a months worth of work to do in a week plus pack up nearly the entire house so they can start replacing the floors come next Monday. I would do better if I knew when they will finish the job. I may have ample time to peruse that backlog of magazines.

    ReplyDelete