Thursday, July 15, 2010

My eBay Finds!

I have rediscovered eBay. 

Thanks to this post by my pal Lauren at Rock Paper Scissors, I developed a lust for that stamp holder.  It's a great product, but $35 is a bit steep.  So I decided to head over and check out the auctions. 

I searched 'vintage stamp' and got lots of cool hits.  This was the best one.  And I won it!


It's a stamp carousel that came with 9 retro-cool-hilarious stamps.  My favorite is this block-y stamp that has a picture of a boy on one side and a girl on the other, and it says: One of the best investments in your child's future is regular dental care. American Society of Dentistry for Children

And the last two words are italicized like that.  Isn't that the slightest bit creepy/awesome?!

Then I decided that I couldn't live without a vintage trophy.  Here's what I found.

It looks all dignified and stuff, right?  But then when you get closer, you can see that it says: Missouri Reserve Champion Female Aberdeen-Angus, Sedalia Chamber of Commerce Trophy, 1947. Dr. & Mrs. W. R. Dierks.

It's for a cow!  I had to have it.  (The trophy, not the cow.)  Thankfully, I was the only one with sense enough to bid on it.  I can't wait to display these treasures in my apartment. 

(Please note that these pictures are from the auction listers, as my lighting situation is still not conducive to non-wonky pictures.)

5 comments:

  1. Brilliant buys, T! That stamp is a trip...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sa - weet!

    Oh what I wouldn't give for you to have the contents of Jean Tittle's desk during her tenure as trustee of Lake County. Talk about some vintage office products.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome finds...I love a good ebay treasure!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am officially jealous. Need a stamp carousel, stat!

    ReplyDelete