Sunday, November 22, 2009

(Don't) Come and Knock on Our Door

So I'm new to apartment living, but making tons of noise is not really cool, right? Am I crazy?

The first floor is handy for many reasons: shorter distance when moving in furniture or groceries, easier to flee in the event of a fire, no stairs in case I'm ever crutch-bound, and so on.

But why, oh why, does my second floor ceiling/floor mate feel the need to (apparently) drag large wooden crates across their floor? And why does s/he wait until post-midnight every time?!

I even bought this handy white noise machine to ward off apartment sounds. My favorite setting is 'waterfall' because it's the most like harmless static. There's one setting called 'heartbeat,' which I reallllly don't understand. It's creepy as hell. If that's not straight out of The Tell-Tale Heart, I don't know what is.

Anywho, I'm hoping that my rude neighbor moves out or at least stops making randomly heinous noises so late at night.

2 comments:

  1. Ugh! I hate loud neighbors upstairs! I always wonder what they're doing when they're making all that ruckus. By the way, love that white noise machine, it looks like a little robot! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was cracking up big time with that Tell-Tale Heart comment!

    ReplyDelete